What are antibiotics?
These are medications that are specifically used to prevent or treat bacterial diseases and that kill or suppress disease-causing bacteria. Important note: Antibiotics do not kill viruses,
such as influenza cases
How do I use the medicine?
In order to achieve the goal of the antibiotic, doses must be taken on time.
Use it according to the instructions, in other words, to complete the whole period even if you feel better, because in the case of taking the antibiotic the bacteria weaken and the person begins to feel better, and as soon as he leaves it until the disease returns again and resistance is generated by the bacteria, it becomes more harmful to the human and the length of the treatment period increases.
Ask the doctor or pharmacist, is the antibiotic taken on an empty stomach or not? What types of food should I avoid, for example, some antibiotics affected by calcium-containing products such as milk and cheese
– The amount of salts in the penicillin drugs should be considered in the case of heart and pressure patients.
– You must not crush or break some of the medication pills, either because of its impermanence, or that the medications have a slow system of melting the medication to give a prolonged effect.
– If the medicine is in liquid form, it should be shaken well before use.
– It is preferable to use the scale attached to the package in order to take the correct dose.
– The drug should not be used after its expiration date.
– Some antibiotics have a shelf life that varies after their dissolution or the addition of water to them, since the expiry date is usually two weeks after dissolution of the drug, and it may be necessary to keep the medicine in the refrigerator.
Anti-doses vary from person to person, depending on the type of disease, age, weight, and health of the patient, such as kidney and liver functions.
What if I forget to take the potion?
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as possible in order to keep a steady amount of medicine in the body.
Do not take the missed dose if it is close to your next dose.
Do not double the next dose to make up for the deficiency.
Before you take the medicine!
Tell the doctor or pharmacist you are visiting at Ram clinics that you are allergic to this antibiotic and what other medications may cause an allergy as well?
– If you take other medicines, you must tell the doctor or pharmacist. As the antibiotics cause an increase in the effect of blood thinners and reduce the effectiveness of birth control drugs) and interfere with antacids.
– In case of taking some antibiotics, you should not be exposed to the sun directly, and it is preferable to use sunscreen.
Elderly: Antibiotics are generally considered safe, but kidney and liver functions must be considered.